Who I am
I am a Speech Pathologist with over 17 years of experience working with people with disabilities and their families. I am passionate about supporting people to reach their goals.
I have experience working with people with various disabilities including autism spectrum disorder, down syndrome, cerebral palsy, Angelman's syndrome, Elhers Danlos syndrome, acquired brain injury, global developmental delay and intellectual disabilities.
I have completed additional training in a variety of interventions including:
- A range of Alternative and Augmentative Communication Systems including PODD, Touch Chat, Proloquo2go, keyword sign, and PECS.
- Social skills programs including Social Thinking and the Secret Agent Society Program.
- Mealtime management including the SOS feeding program.
- PROMPT therapy intervention for speech sound disorders.
- Early intervention programs including Hanen Therapy.
- Positive Behaviour Support.
- family-centred Practice.
I have had the privilege of working in partnership with many individuals, families, schools and communities over the course of my career. Having my own children has strengthened my commitment to ensuring that the people I work with feel supported and that the goals we work towards are realistic and achievable and positively impact families. As a mum of two boys, I know the need to keep therapy fun, engaging and personalised. I am so excited to work with Spectrum Therapy WA and look forward to working with you and your child to achieve what you want for your family's future.